The NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) offers a free, confidential service to new and experienced research teams that supports clinicians, health and social care professionals and academics to develop high-quality, competitive funding applications for applied health, public health, and social care research.
Each RDS is made up of teams of skilled advisers who can help you to develop proposals and obtain funding for research of direct benefit to users of NHS and social care services, and the population as a whole.
We provide tailored support and guidance from initial idea through to final application through:
- Guidance and expertise on study design and research methods
- Helping you identify suitable funding streams
- Supporting you to plan and facilitate your public involvement
- Helping you get the narrative right
- Interpreting your feedback and supporting resubmissions.